Tired of that nagging anxiety? Sick of tripping over your words when talking with the physicians on your team? Lacking that confidence that gets things done? We used to be there! Ready for a CHANGE?
Get Empowered by Novice is the New Nurse
Jannel, BSN, RN & Ashley, MSN, RN are both traveling pediatric critical care registered nurses who took their passion for teaching and founded Novice is the New Nurse, LLC. A company designed to mentor and empower new nurses through a difficult transitionary period from school to acute care settings.
Ashley Kennedy an alumna of Dillard University’s School of Nursing with her BSN advanced her career by returning to school for a Master’s in Clinical Nurse Leadership. A native of New Orleans, her career started at the Children’s Hospital of New Orleans where she branched off to become a travel nurse and landed a position in New York City where she met Jannel Gooden.
Jannel Gooden graduated Cum Laude from the College of New Rochelle’s School of Nursing and was inducted into the Sigma Theta Tau’s Honor Society. Her passion for helping new graduate nurses was ignited from her own personal experience as a new graduate nurse. The gap in the system left her feeling isolated and anxious about her own abilities as a nurse.
With well over 10 years of combined experience in nursing, and insight from working in multiple hospital systems in the US as travel nurses, Ashley and Jannel took their expertise and created a framework that is now the premise for their online course #NursingWithFinesse. As millennial nurses, they are reaching their peers and bridging the gap from school to practicing RN. They use their relatability to address the issues of anxiety and frustration which has led nurses to quitting their jobs and contributing to the hospital crisis of high turnover rates.
With a growing social media platform (@NoviceistheNewNurse), they are using their influence to mentor and coach novice nurses so they can confidently go from frustrated to flourishing in their new roles.
6 WEEK ONLINE COURSE
· 6 weeks worth of step-by-step video lessons and guides
· Completely Self- Paced modules
· Videos helping you reduce your anxiety and build your confidence so you can focus on the bigger learning themes on your shift.
· Assess where you are now in your journey and make a plan on where you need to be so you can feel more comfortablein your practice
· Go through the Steps of becoming an Asset vs Liability on your unit
· Become a STRONGER, more EFFECTIVE communicator.
· & So much More!!!
· Access to other new grad nurses around the country and to US! (no more waiting in DMs & emails hoping we see you) in a private FB group.
· Challenges that hold you accountable to growing & flourishing as a new grad nurse. It helps you remain accountable to the process and not just quit because it’s “hard”. We GOT YOU!
I was able to complete week one tonight.
Let's just say I'm feeling so relieved right now!
Started journaling. I'm impressed and enjoying the information presented.
I feel you two touch on things that are very important
but not given or highlighted on.
You two are the voice that is missing in nursing...
Interested in having Novice is the New Nurse speak at your next event? Feel free to reach out anytime, we would be more than happy to chat.